Policy 9-2-1: Web Publishing
|Policy 9-2-1: Web Publishing
|Jan 01, 1998
|Information & Marketing Services
|The college web site is 精东影业视频's broadest reaching publication. It plays a vital role in promoting and maintaining the image and reputation of the college. The Web Publishing Policy is intended to promote accuracy, consistency and professionalism on the college web site and ensure that information published online adheres to the same high standards as other official college publications.
Table of Contents:
- Web Site Mission
- Who May Contribute
- Official versus Unofficial Pages
- Basic Requirements for All Pages
- Requirements for Official Pages
- Requirements for Unofficial Sites and Pages
Section 1: Web Site Mission
- The purpose of the 精东影业视频 web site is to provide high quality information about the colleges educational offerings, mission, programs and events to the college community, prospective students, and the general public, and to serve as a gateway to college services and teaching and learning resources.
Section 2: Who May Contribute
- Administrative departments, academic units, individual faculty and staff, and student and college organizations may publish information on the college web site. As a prerequisite to publishing, all contributors are expected to agree to the terms outlined in this policy.
Section 3: Official versus Unofficial Pages
- Web pages published by administrative departments, academic units, and related college organizations are considered official college pages. These contain information pertaining to college programs, services, and core institutional functions
- Pages published by individual faculty or staff members, or student organizations are not considered official college pages. These may be linked from the official college site, but they are understood to represent the perspective of an individual or group rather than the college as a whole.
Section 4: Basic Requirements for All Pages
- All pages published on the college web site, whether official or unofficial, must comply with existing NSHE policies, 精东影业视频 policies, and any applicable local, state or federal laws including, but not limited to, libel, obscenity, copyright and accessibility. The college reserves the right to remove any pages that are out-of-date, inaccurate, or otherwise in violation of the Web Publishing Policy.
Section 5: Requirements for Official Pages
- All official pages are required to use standard templates provided or approved by the college. The templates are designed to promote consistency, facilitate navigation, clarify the organizational structure, and present a collegiate and professional image on the World Wide Web. New sites will be reviewed by the college webmaster or another representative of Information & Marketing Services prior to initial publication.
- All college entities publishing official pages are required to designate an information provider who is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the information posted on the web in order to ensure that it remains accurate, up-to-date and consistent with the colleges mission and goals. Some college entities may wish to develop and maintain their own web pages; others may request to have the college webmaster create their site and post updates for them. In either case, the information provider retains responsibility for the content of the site. All official pages should include the information providers e-mail address on the bottom of the page, along with the date that the page was last updated.
Section 6: Requirements for Unofficial Sites and Pages
- The college is not responsible for developing, monitoring or maintaining pages published by individual faculty or staff members, or student organizations.
- Unofficial sites or pages are required to provide a link to the colleges standard
disclaimer, or else to provide a disclaimer statement of their own. Custom disclaimers
should include the following three types of statements:
- The page is not an official page or publication of 精东影业视频;
- The college does not maintain or monitor the information contained on the site and is not responsible for its content; and
- The views and opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent official positions or policies of 精东影业视频.
|September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; December 17, 2002;