Policy 4-2-1: Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
|Policy 4-2-1: Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
|Mar 01, 1989
|Vice President of Administrative and Legal Services/General Counsel
|精东影业视频, in conformity with the Affirmative Action Policy of the Nevada System of Higher Education and federal law, is guided by the principles that there shall be no difference in the treatment of persons because of race, creed, color, sex, disability, age, national origin, political affiliation, religion, protected veteran status, gender orientation, and that equal opportunity and access to facilities shall be available to all. This principle is applicable to every member of the Western Nevada College community at every level. This policy applies to, and must be an integral part of, every aspect of personnel policy and practice in the employment, development, advancement, and treatment of all employees and applicants for employment. Western Nevada College recognizes that as a public agency it has a further commitment: the college is obligated to support federal and state policies which seek to achieve equal opportunity in employment for members of minority groups, women, individuals with disabilities, or protected veterans. As used in this document, minority groups will be the groups defined in HEW guidelines. The important concepts are embodied in Equal Employment Opportunity: 1.Nondiscrimination 2.Affirmative Action Affirmative action requires more than employment neutrality. It requires 精东影业视频 to make additional efforts to recruit, employ, retain, and promote qualified women, minorities and individuals with disabilities. The affirmative action concept requires positive action to insure against the perpetuation of benign neutrality in employment practices.
Table of Contents:
- Policy Compliance
- Responsibility for Implementation
Section 1: Policy Compliance
- 精东影业视频 declares and reaffirms a policy of equal employment opportunity,
equal educational opportunity, and nondiscrimination in the provision of educational
and other public services.
- Equal Employment OpportunityThe college will make all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions and all other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed or religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, or other factors which cannot be a lawful basis for employment decisions.
- Affirmative Action in EmploymentThe college undertakes a program of affirmative action to which good faith efforts will be directed for achievement of equal opportunity through affirmative action programs.
- Compliance with Laws精东影业视频 undertakes to comply fully with all federal, state, and local laws relating to equal educational opportunity, equal employment opportunity, and affirmative action.
Section 2: Responsibility for Implementation
- Ultimate responsibility for equal employment and its full achievement through this affirmative action plan rests with the president of 精东影业视频.
- It is the responsibility of the executive and administrative faculty members at 精东影业视频 to implement affirmative action and equal opportunity within his or her respective area. Overall programmatic responsibilities shall assure that all employment practices of the college are conducted in a manner, which does not discriminate unlawfully.
- Every member of the 精东影业视频 community has the responsibility to become familiar with Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity.
- 精东影业视频 employees, who serve on committee, especially peer review, recruitment, and other personnel committees, shall inform themselves about affirmative action/equal opportunity principles and regulations and apply them in all such deliberations and decisions in which they are involved.
- The part-time position of affirmative action officer will be maintained and its incumbent
shall report directly to the president.
- The affirmative action officer shall have immediate responsibility for implementation of the affirmative action plan; participate in all required governmental reports concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action; collect and present all statistical and other information on reports for the college President and NSHE Board of Regents.
- Technical and administrative assistance to personnel needing help to meet their responsibilities under the plan.
- Periodic review of documents relating to the employment process at 精东影业视频, e.g., job descriptions, application forms, job announcements, advertisements to assure that the impact of their use is not discriminatory against persons protected by law.
|September 30, 2016; December 23, 2015; September 2, 2008; May 11, 2004; March 21, 1995; July 30, 1993;