Policy 11-3-10: Hazardous Waste Management
|Policy 11-3-10: Hazardous Waste Management
|Environmental Health & Safety
|Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator
|All 精东影业视频 personnel must dispose of hazardous and other waste materials in accordance with Nevada Environmental Protection Department requirements.
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Responsibilities
- All 精东影业视频 supervisors, shop instructors, and lab principle investigators are responsible for the proper disposal of hazardous waste, and other waste materials. This includes forwarding properly completed documentation and manifests to the EH&S office for record keeping.
- EH&S shall provide viable means of hazardous material disposal or recycling.
- EH&S shall provide training and guidance for all 精东影业视频 personnel in hazardous material disposal.
- EH&S will accept most small waste products with the products MSDS or SDS or a completed 精东影业视频 EH&S completed waste tag.
- The 精东影业视频 Business Office will often receive hazardous manifests with invoices. The manifests need to be sent to EH&S.
Section 2: Procedure
- All employees involved in the disposal of hazardous wastes should first contact EH&S
to become familiar with 精东影业视频s hazardous waste materials program and our EPA generator
status and permit information for each campus.
If your department or division has material that you are not sure of how to properly dispose of, contact EH&S.
- EH&S will supply a viable means of disposal. For new waste streams contact EH&S before waste is accumulated.
- In many cases EH&S will dispose of wastes and existing waste streams at the end of the semester, annually or biannually depending on the waste stream. For a waste pick-up,email Brian Crowe with EH&S. EH&S will supply a waste tag for you to complete for each container. EH&S will advise of special requirements and the schedule for the pick-up.
- The most important aspect of waste disposal is the reliability and the financial solvency of the waste haulers and repositories that we use. EH&S follows UNR recommendations to limit potential liability.
- Proper documentation is required for all hazardous waste disposals the following information
is generally required:
- A complete inventory including quantities of what is disposed of.
- A lab analysis of a waste sample (if applicable)
- A waste determination sheet (if applicable)
- A completed waste manifest (with a facility operator signature in Section 20)
- Land disposal restriction notification forms (if applicable)
- Automotive and Machine Tool Waste Guidelines are included in Attachment A Automotive Waste Guidelines and Attachment B Machine Tool Waste Guidelines
Section 3: Files/Forms
|December 8, 2014; September 2, 2008;