Policy 10-1-10: Pet Policy
|Policy 10-1-10: Pet Policy
|Dec 07, 2010
|The control of pets at 精东影业视频 campuses is necessary for the safety, and both the mental and physical health of all students, personnel, and visitors. This policy identifies the restrictions on pets on 精东影业视频 campuses as well as the responsibilities of pet owners. Cruelty to animals Nevada revised statutes Pet feces Unattended vehicles Vicious animals
Table of Contents:
Section 1: Scope
- This policy applies to all 精东影业视频-owned campuses and buildings and shall apply to other buildings and schools where 精东影业视频 operates unless that building or school has a differing pet policy.
- This policy applies to all pets including mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles.
- This policy shall not apply to service animals. 精东影业视频s Service Animal Policy is 13-2-2.
- The 精东影业视频 President is authorized to designate on our campuses the time and place for pet events or to approve the use of pets in an academic setting.
Section 2: Purpose
- At 精东影业视频 it is not permissible to bring your pet into a building unless it is a service animal (see 精东影业视频 policy 13-2-2). Some members of the campus community are allergic to animal fur or dander, fearful of pets, or feel that pets are an unnecessary distraction in a learning setting. Please be courteous and leave your pets at home.
Section 3: Responsibilities
- The following requirements apply to pet owners:
- The Nevada revised statutes include a number of laws concerning animals and pets which
apply to all 精东影业视频 locations. They include:
- NRS 574.055 Cruelty to animals
- NRS 574.195 Unattended vehicles (dog or cat)
- NRS 574.500 Dangerous or vicious dog
- NRS 575.020 Allowing a vicious dog to run or escape
- In addition, local animal control laws apply at 精东影业视频 based on the city or county of the campus location.
- Pets at 精东影业视频 campuses are not allowed in buildings or within the fenced areas of athletic fields.
- Pets shall not be brought within twenty (20) feet of a buildings exterior doors.
- When on campus pet owners shall:
- Keep their pet(s) attended and under control at all times. Dog(s) shall be on a six foot or shorter leash or caged.
- Clean-up their pets feces and dispose of it in an outside trash containers or take the feces with them.
- Be responsible for injury, sickness or damage caused by their pet(s).
- Abide by the above rules, it may be necessary after one or more documented violation(s) to ban a pet from 精东影业视频 campuses.
- The Nevada revised statutes include a number of laws concerning animals and pets which apply to all 精东影业视频 locations. They include:
- Enforcement of this policy shall be by 精东影业视频s Public Safety Department.
Section 4: Enforcement
- 精东影业视频 Public Safety shall be the focal point for enforcement of this policy. 精东影业视频 Public Safety shall interface with both state and local animal entities as necessary to insure policy compliance and the health and safety of both pets and all members of the college community.
|574.055; 574.195; 574.500; 575.020
*Please note: that not all 精东影业视频 Policies will be referenced in these documents.