Policy 1-2-4: Political Activity for Public Employees
|Policy 1-2-4: Political Activity for Public Employees
|Apr 30, 1984
|Employees shall have the right to vote as they choose and to express their political opinions on all subjects without recourse unless otherwise specified.
Section 1: Guidelines
- Employees shall have the right to vote as they choose and to express their political
opinions on all subjects without recourse, except that no employee shall:
- Directly or indirectly solicit or receive, or be in any manner concerned in soliciting or receiving any assessment subscription, monetary or non-monetary contribution for a political purpose from anyone who is in the same department and who is a subordinate of the solicitor.
- Engage in political activity during the hours of his state employment for the purpose of improving the chances of a political party or individual seeking office; and at any time engage in political activity for the purpose of securing preference for promotion, transfer, or salary advancement.
- While off duty, engage in political activity to an extent that it impairs his attendance or efficiency as an employee.
- As an employee in an agency administering federally aided programs, engage in political activities at any time which are forbidden by federal law.
- This standard is to be applied to all college employees.
- College facilities, materials, or personnel duty time are not to be used for the promotion of any political candidate.
- This policy in no way precludes any employee from participating in political activities as a private citizen.
|Sep 2, 2008; May 11, 2004;
|October 6, 2023
|Memo from Dr. Calabro to Faculty and Staff referring to the State Rules for Personnel Administration - (Rule XI - Section C - Political Activity)
*Please note: that not all 精东影业视频 Policies will be referenced in these documents.